Wednesday 6 May 2009

Round the World in a Microlight

Some of you may remember the now de-commissioned breakfast show on Channel 4 - the Big Breakfast? Well it was essential viewing for me around 10 years ago while eating my Corn Flakes, before setting off for another boring day in work. Although it was quite funny and a young Denise Van Outen was good to look at, I didn't think it would change my life quite as much as it did.

Around the end of 1998 they wheeled on a short, posh and rather austere little man dressed in a fancy boiler suit, pointing out to the presenter where he had just flown his open-cockpit Microlight. Tales of crossing the alps, being buzzed by Mig fighters and flying across the North Atlantic seemed unbelieveable. I found the whole thing absolutely fascinating, in fact I must have talked about it so much that someone bought me a lesson - and the rest is history. Little did I know that this odd little man would inspire me to take up flying Microlights!



The Video is one of Brian's promo vids that he created when trying to sell the story to TV stations round the globe. He has just published a lot of his video material on his website, really worth a good look. And his book of the adventure is well worth a read.

Regards, Victor
www.flyni.co.uk

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home